When can applications be submitted?
The re-enrollment period for LCS families is from February to April 1st deadline; re-enrollment contracts inform the Admission office on seats available for the new academic year. Based on that information, the admission office is able to allocate available spaces to new applicants for the following school year. Information below will provide a timeline for families applying to the school:
- Applications for the following academic year may be submitted after January 1st (e.g. 2016-17 year can only be submitted starting January 2016).
- Decisions on applications for the following year will be made starting the second week of April.
- Applications received, after the second week in April will be reviewed and decisions will be made within three weeks.
- Decisions on applications received after the close of the school year may be delayed for up to a month. The latest time for decisions is first week in August.
How do I apply?
Please carefully review the information on our website under Admission. A detailed account of the admission policy and admission procedures is included there. You may also fill out our online inquiry form for further assistance.
Does LCS accept students with special needs?
LCS does not offer the full continuum of special education programs as mandated by law for public schools in the United States. Admission is contingent upon a match between the student's needs and the level of services available. For that reason, the admission of any special needs student is determined on a case-by-case basis using multiple sources of information such as school records, evaluations, and interviews with students, parents and teachers. You can find more information here
Should my child be fluent in English to attend LCS?
Only if your child is applying for grades nine and above.
What languages are offered at LCS?
LCS offers french from PK through to grade twelve, and spanish starts in grade six.
What are the school hours?
|SCHOOL HOURS:||Pre-K to 12|
|Monday||8:00 am - 3:10 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am - 3:10 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am - 1:10 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am - 3:10 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am - 3:10 pm|
What after school activities does the school offer?
LCS offers a wide variety of after school activities that nurture our students' creative and athletic abilities. Please refer to the Activities links below:
Is parental involvement welcomed?
LCS has a highly involved parent community. By browsing through the PTO pages, under the Community section of our website, you will get a clear sense of how valued parental involvement is at LCS and how active the parent community is in our students's lives.
Where do teachers come from?
LCS teaching staff comprises members of a very international community with over 15 nationalities represented.
Will my child need to take a placement test?
All applicants are required to take an assesment for admission.
- Overseas applicants 1-12, can take the assessment online.
- Submit online application
- Admission Committee will conduct an initial review of application
- Assessment instructions will be sent to student's current school
- Current student's teacher, counselor or other personnel should administer the assessment
- Once completed, results will be automatically available to LCS
2. On Campus Asssessments
- Submit online application
- Admission Committee will conduct an intial review of application
- The Admission office will contact you to schedule the assessment.
In lieu of talking an online assessment, applicants to grades 1-5 can choose to provide standardized test scores/results recognized by LCS, for example: ITBS, CAT, Stanford 9 or 10, ISA, ERB. Test scores must have been taken within the last two years. Please upload the standardized test results with your online application.
If you are applying from overseas and will not take your assessment online, your are required to schedule a date or time for the testing prior to your arrival in Ghana with the Admission office. Please note that results of screening/interviews/testing may take up to 48 hours (two working days). Results, along with the educational history of the student (ie fully completed application) are reviewed by the Admission committee, an acceptance letter offered, and business office confirms payment before a new student will be cleared to start school.
How do I pay the $200 application fee?
- Online application fee of $200.00 which is required at the time of submission.
Payment can be made with either a debit or credit card.