Thank you for your interest in Lincoln Community School (LCS).
We are proud of the reputation our school has gained since it began in 1968 and pleased that you are thinking about becoming part of our learning community.
While we know that applying to enroll in a new school can be time-consuming, and sometimes anxiety-producing process, we want you to know that we are always available to answer your questions and in so doing, to help expedite the admission process.
We hope we will be able to welcome you into our international school community in the near future.
- The LCS Office of Admission
Below is a step-by-step overview of our online admission process.Click here for a tutorial presentation
STEP 1- Starting to Apply Online
- Click here to create an account. Once you have done this, you will receive an email from the Admission Office confirming your username and password.
- Return to your account at anytime to complete the online Application (ensure you have selected the appropriate school year of application).
Additional documents which you will need to have in PDF format for the applications process include:
Additional informational you will be asked to provide in the application process:
- Online application fee of $200.00 which is required at the time of submission.
Payment can be made with either a debit or credit card inside your Apply Now account.
- Confidential School Report must be sent to your child's current school. Please have an email contact ready for the school when you get to that point during the online process.
Once you submit the Online Application, you will receive a confirmation of receipt from Admission Office. You will also have the option to print or save onto your computer the complete application for your records.
The Admission Office will only accept a fully completed application package before it can start the admission process.
All application documents required, including payment of application fee, must be submitted with the online application before your application can be received for processing. The only requested document which will be uploaded separately is the Confidential School Report Form. Once the complete application is submitted, you will be able to check the status of your child's or student's admission status.
STEP 2- Entrance Assessments
All applicants are required to take an assesment for admission.
- Overseas applicants 1-12, can take the assessment online.
- Submit online application
- Admission Committee will conduct an initial review of application
- Assessment instructions will be sent to student's current school
- Current student's teacher, counselor or other personnel should administer the assessment
- Once completed, results will be automatically available to LCS
2. On Campus Asssessments
- Submit online application
- Admission Committee will conduct an intial review of application
- The Admission office will contact you to schedule the assessment.
In lieu of talking an online assessment, applicants to grades 1-5 can choose to provide standardized test scores/results recognized by LCS, for example: ITBS, CAT, Stanford 9 or 10, ISA, ERB. Test scores must have been taken within the last two years. Please upload the standardized test results with your online application.
If you are applying from overseas and will not take your assessment online, your are required to schedule a date or time for the testing prior to your arrival in Ghana with the Admission office. Please note that results of screening/interviews/testing may take up to 48 hours (two working days). Results, along with the educational history of the student (ie fully completed application) are reviewed by the Admission committee, an acceptance letter offered, and business office confirms payment before a new student will be cleared to start school.
STEP 3 - Admission Decision
As general practice, admission decisions are completed after the applicant has submitted a completed online application and taken the appropriate assessments as needed. Once reviewed, the final admission decision will be conveyed to the parents by the Admission Office.
STEP 4 - Enrollment
Once an admission letter and invoice has been received, you will have ten working days to pay the one time, non-refundable registration fee of USD $6500 to ensure your child’s place at LCS. If the fee is not received within the ten day period, your child will not be considered as enrolled.
In the event of capacity enrollment at a grade level or in a program, the Admission Office maintains a wait list. Applicants on the wait list will be considered for admission as openings become available. Applicants on a wait list are governed by Board policy and priority lists. If and when space is available in a class or program, the parents will be advised immediately and asked to confirm that they still wish their child to enter LCS. Parents confirming their continued interest in having their child attend LCS will be required to pay registration fee and tuition fees immediately to secure the spot for their child.
The Admission Office conducts orientation programs for new families at the beginning of each new school year and also at the beginning of the second semester. Students who are admitted once the school year has already started receive a customized orientation from the admissions office.
The application process requires all documents listed to be uploaded prior to review. Please click here to begin the application process.