Student Fees For 2020 - 2021 School Year
1. Registration Fees for New Students (Non-refundable)
Pre-Kindergarten USD 1,500
Kindergarten to Grade 12 USD 6,500
The Registration fee is a onetime, non-refundable, non transferable payment for all NEW students and must be paid in full at the time of admission. On entry, students in Pre-Kindergarten pay an initial registration fee of US$1,500; the balance of US$5,000 becomes payable when the student advances to Kindergarten. Parents registering more than two children are entitled to a registration discount of 50% after the second child.
2. Annual Tuition Fees
Pre - Kindergarten USD 15,084.00
Kindergarten USD 21, 537.00
Grades 1-5 USD 22, 202.00
Grades 6-8 USD 23, 691.00
Grades 9-10 USD 25,101.00
Grades 11 & 12 USD 26, 276.00
Note: Students enrolling after the first month of school are eligible for discounted tuition pro-rated according to the number of days remaining in the semester.
3. Maintenance fee for all students
All students are billed a Maintenance Fee of USD 2,000 per annum.
4. Reservation Fee for all Returning students
A non-refundable reservation fee of $500 must be paid by March 1st before families’ re-enrollment contract is accepted. The $500 fee is credited against tuition fees.
5. Fee Payment Schedule and Guidelines
First Semester fees, including full payment of Maintenance Fee, become due on June 1, 2020; Second Semester fees become due by October 1, 2020.
All tuition fees are quoted in US Dollars, however payment may be made either in US Dollars or Ghana Cedis at a rate of exchange to be advised by the Business Office. Fees may be paid by checks, direct deposit, or wire transfers into the School’s accounts, details of which are found below. Checks should be made payable to Lincoln Community School. The School does not accept fee payments in cash. Any checks which are returned unpaid will be subject to a penalty payment of USD100.00. The onus of proof of payment rests with parents and sponsors, accordingly, parents and sponsors are advised to provide copies of deposit slips or transfer authorizations to the Business office for receipts to be issued. All wire transfer instructions must include the name of the student. All transfer and collection charges will be passed on to parents and/or sponsors. In the absence of any negotiated settlements, students may be excluded from classes until any payments due are received by the school.
6. Late Payment Penalties
Each semesters' fees, which are outstanding after their due date, will attract an interest payment of 2% per month.
7. Late entry of students
- Students enrolling after the first day of school but within 60 calendar days of the school year will be assessed tuition fees for the entire year.
- Application and capital levy fees will be paid in full for late entry students; however, the capital levy fee for those students in category iv) above may be deferred until the beginning of the next school year.
- Students enrolling after 60 calendar days of the second semester of the school year have elapsed will be charged the full application fee and 1/180th of the annual tuition for each calendar day prior to the end of the school year.
- Students enrolling within 60 calendar days after the first day of the second semester, will be assessed 50% of annual tuition.
- Students enrolling after 60 calendar days of the school year have elapsed but before the end of the first semester will be assessed 50% of annual tuition plus 1/120th of the annual tuition for each day of attendance in the first semester.
Percentage of Tuition Charged
0 - 60 days after the first day of school
60 days - end of the first semester
050% + 1/120th of annual tuition for each day prior to the end of the first semester
0 - 60 days after the first day of the second semester
60 days of second semester - end of school year
1/180th of annual tuition for each day prior to the end of the 2nd semester
7. Refunds for withdrawals
- Refunds for withdrawals are available after written notification at least 10 days in advance of a student’s last day of attendance, and according to the following Board Policy:
- Students withdrawing within the first 30 calendar days of the first semester are entitled to refund of 80% of annual tuition.
- In the above mentioned cases, for purposes of refunds, annual tuition refers to tuition only; no refunds may be obtained for application, capital maintenance, capital levy, or bus fees.
- Students withdrawing within the last 60 calendar days of the school year are entitled to a refund of 10% of annual tuition.
- Students withdrawing after 60 calendar days of the first semester or before 30 calendar days after the beginning of second semester are entitled to refund of 25% of annual tuition.
- Students withdrawing after 30 calendar days and up to 60 calendar days of the first semester are entitled to refund of 50% of annual tuition.
No refunds may be obtained in the case of temporary school closure due to evacuation of non-essential personnel by a diplomatic mission or business or a force majeuresituation.