At Lincoln Community School, our diverse population of students apply to colleges and universities in countries around the globe, including the UK, Canada, USA, Netherlands, France, Lebanon, Australia, South Korea, and Ghana. The LCS university counseling program serves to meet the needs of individual students and their families.
Please click here to view our High School Profile.
College and University Visits
LCS hosts visits from over 65 universities each year.
If you are a university representative and would like to schedule a visit, please contact Ms. Susana Bansah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline for College and University Applications
Click on grades below for important milestones in the college application process:
- To Do:
- Get to know yourself better in terms of future plans and goals
- Visit colleges with parents or friends if possible
- Research colleges online and by talking to LCS alumni
- Begin Career Exploration
- PSAT/SAT Prep with KhanAcademy
- Start attending College Visits at LCS
- Semester 2:
- DP Course Fair
- Begin planning your IB courses
- Register for 11th grade courses
- To Do:
- Take PSAT in October
- Start planning for summer programs/activities.
- Attend College Visits on campus & College Fairs
- Semester 2:
- Begin college counseling curriculum in “H Block” rotations
- Prepare and register for the May SAT or April ACT. Take your test prep seriously!
- Link CollegeBoard & KhanAcademy accounts for targeted SAT prep
- Grade 11 Parent NightBegin drafting college list & your college essay
- Request Letters of Recommendation (May)
Take 2 SAT Subject tests by June (if needed)
- Semester 1
- Finalize your college lists & familiarize yourself with Common App and UCAS, etc. as needed.
- Be sure your Teacher LOR writer has what s/he needs for your letter on Maia Learning. Register for October SATs or September or November ACTs, if you want to boost your scores
- Complete/Polish your College Essays
- Final College List Due Oct. 15th!
- If you wish to apply ED or EA, watch for Nov. 1st or 15th deadlines
- Submit FAFSA in October, ICF, individual school Financial Aid applications
- Order/Send SAT & ACT scores electronically to schools (as needed)
- College Applications for North America & the U.K. should be finished by Dec. 15th!
- Semester 2:
- Follow Ups: Submit college applications with later deadlines
- For applications to India, Korea, Europe, Australia and other countries, start gathering documents, meet with Counselor to be certain your transcript requests are in place.
- UK decisions and Rolling US decisions come in during March/April
- April: Decision Month; visit schools again, talk to people, compare offers, etc.May 1: Deposit at the U.S. school of your choice! Make your final UCAS choices (you’re allowed to deposit/confirm to 1 university per country as needed)
- May: Take IB Exams
- July: Receive IB results and UK offers
American University of Beirut
Brunel University of London
City University of London
Colorado State University
King's College London
Mount Holyoke College
New York University
The London School of Economics and Political Science
The University of Tampa
University College London
University of Alberta
University of Bristol
University of British Columbia
University of California, San Diego
University of Essex
University of Exeter
University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
University of Leeds
University of London
University of Manchester
University of Maryland, College Park
University of Massachusetts, Amherst
University of Southampton
University of Surrey
University of Sussex
University of Toronto
University of Warwick
University of Waterloo
University of Westminster